July 25th, 2023
We’re very excited to announce Impex 1STEP #3, the 35th Anniversary and FINAL 45-rpm vinyl release of Jennifer Warnes’ beloved classic Famous Blue Raincoat.
And once our pressings have been completed, Jennifer’s personal first-generation analog master tape goes back into the vault. For good.
We’ve spared no expense in making the last version of Warnes’ magnum opus the absolute best, from RTI’s one-step production process on VR-900 vinyl formula to new lacquers every 500 pressings, and an opulent new package that casts new life and deeper understanding of the creators’ intentions and triumphs. All of the bonus material (including the all-analog demo version of “A Singer Must Die”) is included here, newly remastered by Bernie Grundman with Jennifer Warnes’ first-generation analog mixdown master of the original digital recording. The package includes special finishes, deluxe materials, and never-before-seen photos.
With the Cisco 45-rpm version out of print for over a decade, this is your LAST CHANCE to own one of the true gems of audiophile albums in its most lavishly opulent presentation ever!
- Lacquers cut by Bernie Grundman from Jennifer’s 1987 analog master tapes. Each set of lacquers is used for short runs of 500 to optimize detail, dynamics, and soundstage. Doing this required Bernie to cut over 100 lacquers throughout the 1STEP production cycle!
- Pressed at RTI using the world’s finest vinyl formula: VR-900!
- Includes all bonus material from the celebrated Cisco/Impex 20th Anniversary 45-rpm edition.
- Brand-new design created specifically for this release, featuring new photos and remembrances from Jennifer and co-producer/bassist Roscoe Beck.
- Beautifully textured paper-bound slipcase, color-coordinated covering with foil stamping.
- Limited to only 7,500 pressings.
We expect to begin shipping out this exclusive audio masterwork in late November 2023. Preorder your copy of the limited-edition, individually-numbered copies today!